Wednesday, February 16, 2011

>My Interview with Paranormal Fantasy Author Kristin Stefanos

My Interview with Paranormal Fantasy Author Kristin Stefanos


Q:
Do you have any role models? Have there been any other writers that have inspired you?

A: My writing role model is my mother, a professional journalist. I grew up watching her write for a living and my passion for books and the written word I owe entirely to her.

My greatest inspiration for writing is my favorite author, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. He was a working doctor and penned many of the Sherlock Holmes stories while he waited for patients in his office. He was a wonderful role model with regards to taking advantage of free time. He also gathered a great deal of ideas from observing what went on around him. Despite being a scientist and a physician, he had an interest in the supernatural, which carried over into his writing. You don’t have to stop believing in things that go bump in the night to be good at medicine. As a doctor and an author of supernatural fiction, I feel a certain kinship with this.

No comments: